Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A walk through the Market and A beehive and fruit

This is kind of a stroll through the market.  We go there every P day to buy fruit and veggies, but we don't dare buy much else.  It is really a site.  The place is just packed and they have really good produce, but the fish and meat are scary because of the sanitation and they have no clue any thing is wrong.
                                                                                         












 These are mangos and they are alot like peaches.  I like them green because they taste like green apples.  Ilene loves them when they are ripe.  They grow all over the place and are bigger than my big hand.





These are called jack fruit.  They are huge and have big spines on them.  Ilene really likes it.  I can't stand it.  Some people can smell it and others can't   Guess who can smell it and who can't.  It smells like wet stinky feet to me and tastes like that too.







 Here is what it looks like after being picked.  The big ones are about the size of 2 basketballs held together











 This is what it looks like on the inside and if can't smell it you eat the lining around the holes.  It just comes right out.  You don't have to worry about me eating anymore.





 This is a beehive that just showed up on a members jack fruit tree.  It is a solid mass of bees on both side.  They have been there about 3 years.  In about 3 weeks he will build a fire underneath them and smoke them and then peel the bees off.  He says he gets about 5 liters of honey 2 times per year.  I hope I get to try some.


We are doing really well, but I still don't have much of a clue about blogging.  I can't get anything lined up, but am too lazy to try to learn how.  Thanks to everyone.

4 comments:

  1. That Beehive is CRAZY! And I agree, that spike fruit looks pretty gross. like a dried out pumpkin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to believe that you don't like the Jack Fruit I wouldn't know that cause I don't know Jack ....(Ok that was a very dry joke.) We miss you Guys a lot and Just having you here and your always real good with a story , and I know you will have plenty more when you return in 2011

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blogging skills look great to me. I am just really glad those pig heads are in a picture and not staring at me in real life. You guys are going to be "tough as nails" when you get back. (one of Judd's phrases)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bro. and sis. Thalman. It's good to see you having fun, and enjoying your mission so much. I hope that those mangos don't fall off very easily, they look like they could hurt. I think that the people of Cambodia are lucky to have great people like you to help teach them the gospel. Keep up the good work.

    Brian Mariah Sorensen.

    ReplyDelete